Monday, January 4, 2010

Resolutions and Testimony


First, I have been thinking a great deal about my life, where I am at and where I am going. The New Year is a good time for that. The word resolution has come to mind, and this is a definition: 1. The state or quality of being resolute; firm determination, 2. A resolving to do something, 3. A course of action determined or decided on, 4. A formal statement of a decision or expression of opinion put before or adopted by an assembly such as the U.S. Congress.

So as I have thought about possible New Year's resolutions I recalled how at church on Sunday, there were powerful testimonies shared about gratitude for the last decade. This made me think that perhaps pondering and reflecting upon my blessings can help me in making new resolution. So in that spirit I wish to add my own testimony to those who bore theirs:

I am grateful for the great mercy and kindness shown by my Father in Heaven throughout my life and in he last decade. Because of the love of Christ I have been able to repent, change and become a better man. I have had peace in times of darkness and found hope in despair.

I am thankful that I have been blessed with a beautiful family especially Brooke. She has shown the greatest love and support of me in my struggles and been patient with me. She is an amazing mother and she makes me want to be better. I am thankful also for my own parents, family and relatives. For their love support and goodness.

I am grateful the Lord has blessed me to obtain an education, find a career and have dear friends and mentors through those school years. I am grateful we have always had enough to spare to provide for our needs and help others around us.

I know that Christ lives today, that he is aware and concerned about each of us and that if I seek him I will find him.

I guess that is my hope this year. That I might draw closer to Christ. For I know if I do this I will draw closer to all those around me also.

No comments: